ViewDS Directory Server is a highly scalable, telco-grade directory that supports X.500, LDAP, and several XML-based protocols. But ViewDS is much more than a conventional directory server. Its integrated portal capability and intelligent search engine allow users to search for and find identity information quickly and easily, even in large scale (tens of millions of entries) organizations.
This unique capability is one of the core reasons why customers continue to use the directory after more than 10 years, and why it is still sought after by a range of industries worldwide, including large enterprises, eGovernment, Health and Defense.
- World leading approximate matching and searching, including phonetic, stem-matching, and keyword searches help users find the data they need quickly and efficiently. ViewDS can even correct common typing errors and misspellings as part of the search process.
- Component matching with fine granularity searching allows users and applications to search for structured data using components of the structure. This makes ViewDS ideal for PKI applications that require fast look-up of certificates using certificate components such as subject and valid-from and valid-to dates.
- Deep “tree” structures that reflect real organizations and efficient tree restructuring operations support complex “Machinery-of-Government” or organizational structure changes.
- Online organization charting simplifies the production of printed and online organizational charts.
- ViewDS’ included portal feature “Access Presence” allows you to integrate highly customized web-pages containing directory data into your web site.
- Reliable, high-performance replication allows you to scale ViewDS for the largest and most geographically distributed applications.
- Coded in native “C”, ViewDS is easily embedded into applications, and runs comfortably on small Windows, Linux, and Unix servers.
For more information download our ViewDS Directory Server Brochure.